The steps required to advance from Life Scout to Eagle Scout can seem to be confusing and difficult. Actually, the process is quite well structured.
This video is intended for Eagle Scouts and their parents to understand the Life to Eagle Scout Process.
There are a series of steps to be followed. These steps are outlined in the attached files. Simply download each item and follow the instructions.
Notice: These forms are approved for use only by Grand Canyon Eagle Candidates.
The Eagle Process
There are six files.
- READ THIS FIRST (Word) – explains the Life to Eagle process.
Do not skip this important Step 1!
- Electronic Service Project Workbook (PDF) – pages of the workbook that the Scout must fill in.(If you can not view the PDF from the link, please right click on the link and click “Save link as” to download directly to your desktop.)(Scouts contact District Advisors to obtain their 4th signature “District or Council Approval” only after meeting with their Scoutmasters and Troop Committees upon completing and obtaining the 3 other signatures in the 1st Proposal section of the Eagle Project Workbook – Advisor contacts are listed below this section.Scouts then meet with the District Advisor to complete the verification process upon completion of the Project Report section of the workbook and obtain the 2 signatures in that section. It is the District Verifier that will schedule the scout for the board of review.)
- Eagle Scout Rank Application No. 512-728– This application must be used with applying for the Eagle Scout award. You must download this file to a hard disk and open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Eagle Packet Checklist (Excel) – This will assist you in checking your Eagle Scout application and packet.
- Statement of Ambitions and Life purpose and a Listing of Positions (Word) – In preparation for your board of review, prepare and attach to your Eagle Scout Rank Application a statement of your ambitions and life purpose and a listing of positions held in your religious institution, school, camp, community, or other organizations, during which you demonstrated leadership skills. Include honors and awards received during this service.
- Reference Letter Form (Word) – the reference letter form, six copies